Monday, April 07, 2008

Cherry Blossoms & Tulips

My friend Jess and I took her daughter out to Showa Park this past weekend. All of the cherry blossoms are out, and they were having a tulip festival. Check out these fantastic flowers!

There were flowers EVERYWHERE!

She wasn't a big fan of sitting near the flowers, but still had a good time!

We don't know if these two were actually getting married, or if they were models, but it was still really pretty!

This is one of my favorite pictures :)

Here are all of the Cherry Blossoms. I love that in Japan people go on picnics. You never see that in the states anymore. Some place in the park were so full that you'd be lucky to be able to put a blanket down.

7 comments:

Andrea and Ben said...

I loved the cherry blossoms, I cannot remember the name of the park we went to. It was however, the same park Ben's grandparents went to in the 40's.
Those tulips are beautiful!!!

The Quinn Report said...

Wow! Those pictures are just beautiful! What a neat park; I wish they had one of those here full of tulips and cherry blossoms!

Anonymous said...

I am so excited that you posted these pictures. I hope it's nice this weekend so I can see the beautiful flowers too! I cannot get over how cute that little girl is. :)

Lysandra said...

I lovethe cherry blossoms, they are so beautiful. What do they smell like? Anyways...tell Patrick that we did not find a light house but we do have 2 beers on tap...a very dark porter and a sweet honey amber. One day we will have a lighthouse for the brewery...one day!

Allison said...

Beautiful pictures Abby! I hear we may see each other in Tucson - hopefully you and Annie can rub some of your baby dust off on me. :) While I am drinking. (oooooh, burn)

Abby & Patrick said...

That's just mean! Drink some for us - can't wait to see you :)

Katie said...

Wow. That cherry blossom photo is just amazing! It looks surreal. Gorgeous photos!