Thursday, April 10, 2008

Missy Update

I dropped Missy off for surgery yesterday. For those of you who I haven't talked to, Missy injured her knee the last week of January and I've been carrying her up and down the steps ever since, and she's been on cage rest when I'm not home. It's amazing - this same thing happened on her other leg in Alaska and she had surgery in a week. In the middle of Tokyo, it takes 9 weeks. Does that make sense to anyone else? The base vets haven't exactly been helpful. Our vet's x-ray machine has been broken for over a year, so I've been having to drive 1.5 hrs to the Army Vet. That vet had the x-ray machine, but couldn't do the surgery, so he was supposed to set up an appt off-base. He forgot about Missy and made the appt 7 weeks after I started making the trek back and forth.

SO, yesterday I dropped her off for surgery. They called at 8:15pm last night to tell me that she made it out of surgery and is doing great. I have to leave her there for a week for recovery - a long time, but it's best for her. This way she isn't trying to rough house with Mr. Man!



This was Missy when I dropped her off. She looks thrilled, doesn't she :P

3 comments:

Andrea and Ben said...

I am glad she finally got the surgery. It had been so long I kind of forgot you said there was anything wrong with her. I can imagine it was one of those moments you wish you were back in the states. Glad to hear she is doing well, I could not have taken another sad dog story this week.

PeggyAnn said...

Here's wishing Missy a speedy recovery!!

The Quinn Report said...

Poor Missy!

You captured the exact emotion I'm sure she was feeling at the time....shitty.