Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Miss Me?

Sorry guys, things here have been so crazy. I promise - you're not missing much of the Smith's in Tokyo, considering I've been working 60-70 hr weeks! There is an end in sight though - the new director gets here at the end of the month, so hopefully I'll get my life back :)

In the mean time, I have been able to sneak away to my culture group meetings. Check out me in a kimono! Our Japanese counterparts took us to a formal tea ceremony and dressed us up. We felt like little kids. I have to say, I have a new perspective on why the Japanese have squatty potties - I can't imagine going to the bathroom, let alone breathing, in one of these things for very long. Not to mention getting ready for your day hours in advance! Enjoy the pictures, miss you all. Anyone coming to visit anytime soon? ;) (right...)

















10 comments:

A Goldsworthy Note said...

ABBY!!!! I check your blog every time I log on in hopes that there will be a new post and today there was...YEA!!! :-)

Awesome pictures...it sounds like your having a good time over there (aside from the outrageous work hours). Oh, and sorry about that phone call in the middle of the night...I guess I got the times messed up. :-)

Take care and it's good hearing from you.

Andrea and Ben said...

Cool photos! It is amazing how long it takes to get squeezed into one of those things. I am so glad you finally updated us. I can't wait for you to have more time to blog once your new director gets there :0)

The Quinn Report said...

Thanks for the update! I was wondering, once again, what in the hell happened to you!

Take care,
Noel

Unknown said...

You look so good! How are you guys? Drop us a line once in a while! We haven't talked in way too long! Brian, Michelle, and Ivan

Kelly said...

I love the pictures! You look great. Hope work settles down and you can enjoy your time over there. Keep us updated when you can.

Tracy said...

Hey Abby! You look like you fit in perfectly!!

Anonymous said...

Ah Abby-san! How beautiful! Miss you lots, though it's good to see that you are having such a grand time. We Robinsons are leaving Alaska this summer and heading back to Florida. Hurlburt Field this time. Hope it's a quiet hurricane season. Tell the dogs Sidney says Hi!
Toodles,
leigh

A Goldsworthy Note said...

YES, we miss you, Ok! So....write more blogs. Dude, when you write way less than me that's super bad.

A Goldsworthy Note said...

Why aren't you posting anything??? By the way...what would be a good time to call you?

A Goldsworthy Note said...

ok, so i'm using this as email b/c your messages keep getting sent back to me. SORRY! Quick question...what is your maiden name?