Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Marathon Pictures

Okay, it's been 3 days since the marathon and we are both feeling pretty good - not to mention not waddling any more! Here are some pics :)






Pre-race photo of the girls. There were actually 32 of us from our running club that went.




Where but Tokyo do you have to take a subway to the starting line???






Running with a few other people (25000). Did I mention it was raining? We all looked really sexy in our ponchos! Note, the starting line is nowhere in sight from this point. It took 12 mins to get there.


One of the shrines along the way.



There were drummers on the course for entertainment, but they had to take shelter from the rain.



Post Race calm.






6 comments:

The Quinn Report said...

That is soooo awesome!!

Kelly said...

Congratulations! Too bad you had rain....but still looks like fun and crazy with so many people.

Andrea and Ben said...

holy cow! I love the drummers along the way, only in Japan :0) Congrats to both of you, esepcially the being able to walk part! I would be laid up still, surely. Can't wait to see more, hint hint!

A Goldsworthy Note said...

That is sooo awesome, Abby. Seriously, so cool. Congrats on finishing...tell Patrick congrats, too!

Lysandra said...

Wow, my favorite thing is that you took the subway to get there. I am amazed that your running club had such a great turnout! I too love the drummers! Great pics Abby.

A Goldsworthy Note said...

I know I'm not one to talk because I'm horrible at posting, but you've gotta post more so I can read all about the Smiths. :-)
Miss ya.