Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Ultrasound

So, I guess one of the benefits of having a 'high risk pregnancy', thanks to my hypothyroidism, is that I get more ultrasounds. Baby Aden is doing great. No pics today to keep, but I know that he's in the 45% - average. His legs are measuring a week ahead, his noggin is a few days ahead, and his tummy is about 3 days behind. Guess that means he'll be built more like I runner than Patrick or I could ever hope to be - especially the small tummy part! They said he's on track to be just shy of 8lbs at birth - let's keep our fingers crossed on that one!

5 comments:

The Quinn Report said...

Great news!!!! When is your due date again?

Katie said...

How does hypothyroidism affect pregnancy? I am glad he is doing well!

Abby & Patrick said...

I'm due October 2nd - I think about the same time as Katie and not too much different from you (I was trying to figure that out).

Hypothyroidism makes you more likely to miscarry because of thyroid deficiency and it has to be monitored. It can also cause low birth weights, etc. My numbers have been good so far and I'm out of the woods since it's my last trimetester, but if they want to keep looking at ultrasounds, I won't complain :)

I love seeing him move around. He was yawning for us yesterday - guess we weren't entertaining him as much as he was us!

Anonymous said...

OMG It's getting close! I'm glad Patrick is gonna be home before Aden is born! Much love to you three!

Andrea and Ben said...

How cool they are being so watchful. Sometimes I wonder about mil medicine. Glad all looks well, hopefully that rolly polly belly comes in soon so you have something to tickle when he comes out!!!